VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:37:06 05/12/05 Thu
Author: wiuato
Subject: Another DC Gone!

I just read that WIU DC Vince Okruch has taken a position at Louisiana Monroe. Wow, here we go again, is is rotten luck that we keep losing these guys to the NFL and D-1a or has this team fallen on hard times and these guys see the writing on the wall and get out where they can.

I know when you are successful it is hard to keep coaches but damn, this is ridiculous. And the defense is very important to get turned around because we all know with LaFarce at QB the offense is going to stink again this season and the D is going to have to hold ground.

Oh well, bring the next one in!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Another DC Gone! -- wiutsuoru, 16:52:42 05/12/05 Thu

I obviously don't know anything about the issues. However, it does make one question if their are internal reasons for the turnover.Perhaps strife within the program?This time of the year, you would think some loyalty might be present, that prevents you from leaving. Monroe isn't exactly a highly regarded program in D-1.I realize if opportunity knocks, sometimes you can't afford not to act.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Another DC Gone! -- Mole54, 07:53:36 05/13/05 Fri

Actually, Okruch's leaving wasn't that big of a surprise to those inside the department. Okruch had made it clear that he couldn't be away from his family for another season if at all possible. He tried to talk them into moving back to Macomb from Boulder, but evidently it didn't work. The only reason I think he took the job at La-Monroe is because it is a D-I program and the head coach is a good friend of his. Okruch still has aspirations to return to big time college football. I don't think it really had anything to do with problems in Macomb. With that said, it does leave the program in somewhat of disarray again especially on defense. I know Patterson will try and find the best he can on short notice. At least he has an extra couple of months this time than when Jamrog departed last June. Not the end of the world, but not good for building continuity on the defensive side. A few of us think that Parker Wildeman, if would want it, would make a good DC. But, I don't expect that to happen.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Another DC Gone! -- wiuato, 13:03:31 05/13/05 Fri

Yeah, I thought the same thing about Wildeman, he has been there and I do not expect him to bolt anytime soon and it would give some stability to a shaky position.

The guy I would not mind leaving just WON'T & that is Hendricksen.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Another DC Gone! -- Mole54, 09:50:59 05/17/05 Tue

I think Mark does a nice job as OC. The players seem to like and respect him. Remember...Coach P. still makes a lot (most) of the final calls on the sidelines. And, as the old adage goes, coaches get too much credit when teams are winning and too much blame when they are losing. If the talent isn't out there, it won't matter what plays you call.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.