VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:49:27 06/02/05 Thu
Author: wiutsuoru
Subject: Western year in review

Any comments regarding Western's year athletically? Disappointing? Great! I will give my two cents- probably not worth that much. I will say disappointing. Football, not a good year. Men's Basketball, improvement but not up to some expectations. Women's Basketball, great year, but fail to qualify for NCAA from MidCon Tourney- three years in a row? Baseball, disappointing again,- tough schedule, but a lot of expectations. Women's Soccer and Softball struggled. Track and Field had some great performances.

Attendance to events- from what I have read or seen myself- again seems to be a struggle.
Facilities improving, still behind some of the GFC or MidCon.However, we must remember Western is in Macomb, a small community in a low populated part of the state.Hence, the fact is a big crowd will be hard to get-need students to attend more events.

Just some observations, not intended to be critical of anyone or anything.There are many good things on the horizon, that's what the fans and alums always hope for. Grade- C+ for the year.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Western year in review -- Neckfansince71, 19:19:31 06/03/05 Fri

Great job! Good comments! I have been planning to make a statement for awhile and will do so next week now that my busy time at school is over! Sorry, I have been a good listener for the past couple of weeks, and have said next to nothing!! I promise to reply to this and many other comments in the coming week.

jc

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Western year in review -- Mole54, 10:35:51 06/06/05 Mon

I would rate the year overall as a B. Men's soccer had a tremendous season and the other sports, although they had little postseason success, at least continued to make positive strides in the right direction aside from football. Men's basketball was much more competitive and exciting and should begin to draw much better this season. Women's basketball has to figure out a way to step up their level of play in postseason...They seemed to have mastered the regular season. Baseball was a disappointment in the league tourney and needs to be like the women's basketball team and learn to play at a higher level in postseason. But, the future is looking good for baseball with the young talent and the new facility which is supposed to be ready by next spring. Track and field performed well as did the golf teams. The two disappointments were football and softball. I felt both teams underachieved, more so in softball since they seemed to have more talent. Hopefully, a change at the helm in softball next season will revitalize the program. Speaking of...The former Holly Killion (now VanVlymen) had a very good interview last week and might make it tough for Dr. Van Alstine not to hire her to replace Coach Veroni. Stay tuned, an announcement could come by the end of this week.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.