VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:27:46 06/02/05 Thu
Author: wiutsuoru
Subject: O'Toole leaving Western

Just saw a blurb on the sports news that Matt O'Toole was leaving Western. I guess this leaves LaFalce as the QB this year.I don't believe there are any real experienced backups at QB.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: O'Toole leaving Western -- Mole54, 10:25:01 06/06/05 Mon

The QB spot is looking pretty shaky right now. There is a D-I transfer that has supposedly committed to come in this fall, but he hasn't gotten a lot of playing time at the D-I level. He's 6-6, 195, but hopefully not another Adam Smith caliber of player. He was at Ole Miss last season as a walk-on from what I understand. Could be another tough season for Leatherneck nation. Some young kids are going to have to step up a notch for Coach P this season if WIU is going to achieve any kind of success on the gridiron. Especially since John Wise has also left the program to go wrestle at the U of I.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: O'Toole leaving Western -- wiuato, 13:33:14 06/06/05 Mon

The QB you are refering to, is he the kid from Belleville, IL? Hey, anyone is better than LaFalse!

What happened to WR D. Rademaker? He is not on the roster and from what I understand, he is still at WIU unless something happened.

Any word on the D-coordinator?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: O'Toole leaving Western -- Mole54, 10:28:47 06/07/05 Tue

I believe the D-I QB (Will Ducey) is originally from the Belleville area. Haven't heard anything on Rademaker as of yet and also no word on the DC. I personally feel the longer there is no announcement...the better the chance that Parker Wildeman will get the job (IF he wants it). I feel Parker deserves a shot if he is interested in getting away from the strength and conditioning for awhile. He's passionate about the game and the players and they like and respect him as well. He already knows the system and the style that Coach P. wants also. The later it gets to bring someone else from outside, the more we'll likely see a repeat of last year's performance. I will not look forward to that!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.