VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:48:17 09/10/03 Wed
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: 1-100

I have been contemplating since Monday, WIU’s number 1 ranking and the LSU game. To be honest with you, the whole thing makes me nervous basically because as always, I do not have a whole lot of persoanl/first hand knowledge about Western’s nor LSU’s abilities. Basically my 50 year old eyes have not had the chance to see the Necks to this point and frankly, I missed the LSU/Arizona game last Saturday. Of course I have read wiuato’s and fourbags observations. So…from the western burbs of Chicago here is mine.

1. This is the first time we have been ranked number 1 in a poll since WIU started playing football.

100. This is Western’s 100th year of college football.

1-100. The odds that we can beat LSU on Saturday. My hope is that we will aggressively compete both on offense and defense. Keep it close to the end and then…..well who knows?

1 more time: It was great to see the university where I grew up and received my BS from as the number 1 team in 1AA. But, it really does not matter at this point because the only thing that matters is who is number 1 in the final poll. Seems like Western Kentucky was never the number 1 school until the final poll last year. Basically its truly impossible to be voted number 1 in 1AA, instead you have to prove it on the field.

100 times 450=450,000: This is my estimate of the gate WIU will take home with them after entertaining the 91,000+ on Saturday night. Yes it will help the rehab of Hanson Field. But it will be worth it only if:

1 player: Russ Michna is still standing tall!

And

Western’s player health % is close to 100% after the game.

I am 100% sure about 1 thing! This is merely a statement game not thee game. It is only 1 game in a season, the 100th season that shows such promise.

Patterson is 100% the real thing!!! The Necks will be ready!

Amen!

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.