VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:17:54 09/14/03 Sun
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: Best of both worlds!

So there we were, driving home in the rain from UWWhitewater, having spent a wonderful afternoon and evening tailgating and watching football with my daughter and her friends when low and behold, as I fumbled in the dark with the radio, here live from Baton Rouge was WIU-LSU. I have to admit when I heard it was 13-7 I figured it was early, but my watch did say 9:15 pm. When they announced the time remaining in the third quarter, I could not believe it. The fumble at the 23 and the ensuing call for the flea flicker was a great idea. :cool: Why not pull out the stops and go for it. When it was over, it seemed to me that the LSU fans and broadcasters continued to make excuses why the score wasn't larger. They kept remarking that LSU had made alot of mistakes, but Saban from the locker room summed it up. "WIU played as hard and hit us as hard as anyone we have ever played. They are well coached." :) I said earlier in my comments 1-100 that alot of good could come from this game. Well, it has! Not only can the Necks play, but they now know they can play. Russ Michna is a stud. And yes we may drop from the #1 spot this week, but if we do, we have all the reasons to believe that we deserve it more than we ever did and that should carry us emotionally for some time.

Oh, by the way. I heard it took alittle longer for the plane carrying the Necks to take off last night after the game. Seems the "money bags" from Western's take of the gate were a little heavier then expected. :D Guess it was loaded, and so are the Necks, loaded to roam the valley we call the Gateway, hunting for Panthers, Bears, Redbirds, Penquins, Toppers, Sycamores, and Salukis!

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.