VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:53:12 10/09/03 Thu
Author: fOURBAGS
Subject: Campbell/Akers

Question, With Vinceson coming back against YSU, to his corner position (WELCOME BACK)what to do with Akers? He was outstanding in the two games he played for Vinceson. He was hurt in per-game warm-ups against Kentucky, and still his coverage was steller!! I see now why he was the #1 cover corner back out of hs in the country 1999, and top 5 wr's out of junior college in the country in 2000. We have to play this young man somewhere! I still say best wr on the football team. Big time wr in coverage, and can seperate and great YAC anywhere he catches the ball, and he doesn't drop the ball!!! Can you say both ways? Team player all the way. He lived up to his name out in California, on that big third down pass in the corner with time running out BIG PLAY DAVE... The Kentucky head coach had big kudo's for Akers after the game Saying we went at him and he was all over us. "This is a outstanding corner back.." Any thoughts on this, as to where he best can be used... GO NECKS

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Campbell/Akers -- wiuato, 09:35:58 10/10/03 Fri

Actually it's Vic Campbell who has been out and i would expect to see akers playing behind him and maybe at safety a bit as Bainter to mee seems a bit slow and beatable. Alot will depend on McNutt's status as to what Akers role will be. I agree, he should be used more at WR because Gray is inconsistent and using Hall and Norris(5'-9") primarily is ok but they still need another sure handed WR with some size.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.