VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 22:44:21 11/08/03 Sat
Author: fourbags
Subject: Still hoping!!

Good job on hanging on for a win Necks. Is it just me or does anybody else feel like WHAT'S HAPPENING!!! This is the 4th week in a row with what I can see no changes at all in the way we come out and PLAY, and also who PLAYS! It's true we didn't fumble as much, and we didn't drop as many passes, didn't miss tackles etc, but the situation is REALLY about "What is a team, and what does winning really mean?" 90% of winning is being excited about what youre doing!! This bunch of players are so low it would take 3 days to pump them sunlight!!! I say this because it's a fact, not to mention my personal observations in 30+ yrs of coaching kids. Excitement comes from INSIDE....when a kid is performing where he is intended to be performing, his ability, training and experience, he sees SUCCESS which breeds excitement! Its like this... there is obviously a big time internal problem; it looks like there is little unity (which equals power) between the offense and defense, and can I dare to say between the coaches and the players? Why aren't the players who are leaders stepping up to the plate and asking questions, making suggestions at the least to the coaches who seem to be blind to the changes needed? For instance, Michna is a great QB but ....does he say anything to his Offens. Coord. about rotating MORE receivers on the field? Did anyone see the fatigue on Gray and Hall? Michna needs more to throw to...better hands, the play makers in the red zone, etc. These players are there on the sidelines...and the sad thing, the team knows this...they could be contributing to the win and yet not called on to do so...WHATS UP WITH THAT? This is the kind of crap that brings a team to a point of WHO CARES? Thats why we're seeing lack of discipline on the field, poor execution, too much individualism as opposed to team mindset. Also, on the defense secondary...same problems exists there...the best players aren't in half the time if at all, and the ones that are can't do the job. I've spoken personally to several players who just want the season over...how is that mental attitude going to take us to the playoffs? As for the offensive play calls, lets don't even open that horrendous can of worms......so whats your thoughts on getting something said to the coaches? We don't have a chance at winning playoffs if something isn't changed, quick...what a shame for those seniors who have worked their butts off year after year to end it like this........comments, Neck fans?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Still hoping!! -- rocki, 10:18:28 11/10/03 Mon

So, if there is this huge problem, how do we get it brought to the forefront? This 'Neck team could be the best ever, and it's sinking fast. Do we email copies of this to the coaching staff, fax it, or what?

We want to see these guys win - the seniors have worked too hard for too many years to see it go down the toilet like this.

What do you need us to do? Please post on www.thegatewayconnection.com and I'm sure you'll get lots of 'Necks fans willing to help.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.