VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:06:25 11/09/03 Sun
Author: Starter
Subject: Notes on first exhibition game

Here are a few things that jumped out at me by glancing at the boxscore...

WIU had 17 offensive boards, the downside is that their opponent had 16 offensive boards. St. Louis Eagles outrebounded WIU 46-41.

WIU managed to win 83-80 despite being outshot by about 10 percent. WIU was just 38% from the field while St. Louis was 47.8 percent.

Does WIU really want to shoot 27 3-pointers a game?

WIU was solid at the free throw line shooting 80 percent. Nobody on the team missed more than one shot at the line. Very good!

I wasn't at the game but I'd imagine that it looked very sloppy. The Eagles had 30 turnovers to WIU's 23!

Doyle Cole went 5-of-9 from beyond the arc and post 27 points with three steals. Also went 6-of-6 from the charity stripe. Just two turnovers.

Bobby Carter scored 18 points off the bench.

I think it looks like WIU will use seven or eight players regularly this year. The other two players that played logged five or less minutes.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Notes on first exhibition game -- Neckfansince71, 08:13:09 11/11/03 Tue

Nice expose. I wonder where Barry Welch was? He transferred two years ago from Ind St and played a lot last year. Will Lewis did not see as much playing time as I though he would either. I think the Necks will improve quite nicely this year even though they lack the type of athlete Coach Thomas can really run with. His recruiting list includes some big kids that can run and jump so watch for the Necks to dramatically improve next year after a nice "learning" year this year.

jc

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Notes on first exhibition game -- LeatherCy, 21:41:01 11/12/03 Wed

How did JD Summers look? I watched him once a year while at Quincy. He is a tough kid who gets the most out of his ability. He will graduate this year with a Law Enforcement degree.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.