VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:13:29 07/28/03 Mon
Author: Starter
Subject: Football TV Schedule

GATEWAY TELEVISION SCHEDULE FINALIZED
Leathernecks to play on TV three times in 2003
July 9, 2003
by Jason Kaufman

MACOMB, Ill.— The I-AA football television schedule was recently finalized, and includes three Western Illinois University games during the Centennial season.

The Leathernecks’ Homecoming game against national champion Western Kentucky, Oct. 4, will be aired live nationally on College Sports Television, a new cable station devoted to 24-hour coverage of college athletics, as the CSTV I-AA National Game of the Week. The game was selected as the most-requested game of the week by a vote of over 14,000 fans and media members. Kickoff for the Homecoming game will be at 2:30 p.m.

Western Illinois’ Centennial Celebration game at home against Northern Iowa on October 25 was selected as the Gateway Football Conference Television Game of the Week and will be aired live in Cedar Rapids and Kansas City (MetroSports) and tape delayed in Macomb (WWIR). Game time is not expected to change from the originally-scheduled 1:05 p.m. The Leathernecks’ third television appearance will be at Indiana State, November 8, aired live on Fox Sports Midwest starting at 11:00 a.m. Central Time.

The Leathernecks were recently placed at No. 3 in Street & Smith’s I-AA Preseason Poll, and were ranked No. 4 by Lindy’s and Athlon’s I-AA football preview publications. The 100th season of Leatherneck football, led by linebacker Lee Russell and quarterback Russ Michna kicks off August 28 at home against Wayne State. There are six opportunities to see the Leathernecks at home this season, including Sept. 20 (vs. Tennessee-Martin), Oct. 18 (Southern Illinois/Family Weekend) and Nov. 15 (Southwest Missouri State).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.