VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 06:51:39 01/29/04 Thu
Author: wiuato9
Subject: Re: Your basketball team ...
In reply to: smack 's message, "Re: Your basketball team ..." on 08:17:01 01/28/04 Wed

WIU cannot afford to recruit anymore hopefulls. That is what Kerwin did and most did not pan out or transfered to smaller schools. The kid from Moline is a project at best. I have seen him play atleast 5 times and i do not care what style of offense Moline plays he is not a D-1 caliber player skill wise, mentally maybe. And besides, what style of offense do you think WIU runs? Western in my 17 yrs following them has never had an inside game. They have at times had some evry skilled forwards who could offensively play inside but as for a legit crop of big men i have not seen it. I think in Derek Thomas' effort to make an immediate impression on the WIU community he in my opinion(and it is just one) rushed in his committment to Lasek, I think he could have used this spot to look in another area and then maybe re-visit Lasek later.

Not knocking the kid personally, just that he is not a good fit for WIU.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Your basketball team ... -- Smack, 21:29:30 03/31/04 Wed

Lasek ended up Honorable mention all-state in the IBCA poll. Because of his defense, rebounding and shot blocking and "shot altering" abilities he lead Moline down the state finals. I'm sorry to disagree but I think he will be a great fit for us since our defense on the interior was so weak last season. Just an opinion and a hope that we won't have to endure another season like last year.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Your basketball team ... WIU signs 2 more -- RockyBDog, 15:36:03 05/09/04 Sun

Here is the link:
http://www.wiuathletics.com/release.sphp?id=988

Sounds like 2 more GREAT recruits for Coach Thomas. WIU should vastly improve from last year.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.