VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:50:53 01/31/04 Sat
Author: Leatherhead
Subject: Frustration

How are we going to avoid being the 9th seed? Moral victories won't get us to Kansas City. I think it would be easier to catch Southern Utah than Oakland.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Frustration -- Stl VU Fan, 13:50:22 02/01/04 Sun

Hey, Leatherhead, what happened to your pep band last night? The usher I talked to didn't know either. Just curious.

Also, was JD Summers injured or was he suspended again?

You may be right. It looks like Oakland has turned a corner. Don't give up, your coach hasn't.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Frustration -- Leatherhead, 20:31:41 02/01/04 Sun

I haven't given up, but there's not a lot of time left to gain 2+ games on SUU.
Summers was hurt in the Centenary game (three-pointer to tie missed at the buzzer in that one). It would have been interesting if our leading scorer had actually played in both halves of both games against Valpo.
Don't know about the pep band.

It's interesting; at this time of year in seasons past, we'd just be waiting for the regular season to end for the Mid-Con tournament (which was usually one and done). The regular season is now more interesting because there is more at stake(not being left out), but with the addition of Centenary and the emergence of Chicago State, we won't even have the tournament. And this year, despite our record, I think we could have surprised someone there.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Frustration -- Stl VU Fan, 18:57:25 02/02/04 Mon

Agreed.

When does Summers come back from his injury?

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.