VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:09:12 03/22/04 Mon
Author: wiuato
Subject: Re: Western to play Quincy
In reply to: wiutsuoru 's message, "Western to play Quincy" on 16:30:25 03/17/04 Wed

Weak schedule = weak team? Does Coach P know something we don't?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Western to play Quincy -- wiutsuoru, 13:22:43 03/22/04 Mon

I'm afraid this could be possible. Didn't want to say much on the Gateway Connection, but this crossed my mind too.

They-Western- is putting on a good face regarding Quincy-saying it will increase interest in West Central Illinois with area schools competing.Quincy likes the money. I just don't see what Western has to gain with this game in particular.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Western to play Quincy -- Leatherhead, 17:37:42 03/22/04 Mon

“We are certainly pleased to have finalized our schedule,” said Director of Athletics Dr. Tim Van Alstine. “Football scheduling has become more and more difficult as we try to balance the financial need for a I-A guarantee game and finding I-AA opponents who are willing to play us. This situation is not unique to Western Illinois as our colleagues at McNeese, Montana, Maine, Wofford and other high-speed I-AA teams are finding it more and more difficult to schedule games."

So, why don't we try to schedule McNeese, Montana, Maine, or Wofford? Quincy I can tolerate, but I would have rather went to North Dakota than host Cheyney.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Western to play Quincy -- RockyBDog, 20:02:06 03/27/04 Sat

I agree with you. Why not play Knox or Monmouth while we're at it? At least the backups can get some experience.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Western to play Quincy -- wiutsuoru, 09:16:40 03/28/04 Sun

Monmouth/Knox-heh, that's pretty good.

The more I think about the schedule, the more I wonder about the strength of Western this year. I think these built in victories might be good padding for an overall won/lost record.

Actually, I think Monmouth or Knox would be better competition than Cheney or Quincy.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.