VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:11:23 08/06/03 Wed
Author: Neckfansince71
Subject: This is great!

Wow!!!!! This is outstanding. I am just a total Leathernut! I have researched all of the juco tranfers on the net and am constantly looking for information on WIU. This is a great idea. Thanks for the invitation I got from the Gateway website.

jc

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: This is great! -- Starter, 12:30:41 08/06/03 Wed

I'm glad you made it over to the board.

I try to post as many articles as I can and find some info on recruiting (mainly men's basketball).

I'm sure you can bring some football knowledge to this board. What other sports do you follow?

I hope some more WIU fans make it over here from the Gateway board.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: This is great! -- Neckfansince71, 14:14:35 08/06/03 Wed

As you can tell from my nick name, I arrived as a college freshman in 1971. I just happen to see a great 4 years of college football with Mudra and Westen at the helm. I also am proud to say that I was in attendance when WIU set the all time record at Hanson Field. (I wrote about that in the Centennial Football page.) I left Macomb and coached basketball at the high school level for 22 years. So....football and basketball are big to me but... I follow men's and women's track, and keep close tabs on baseball and softball. Anything that has to do with WIU athletics I am interested in.

So when are they going to start knocking down the old dugouts? And, I am really curious to see the design plans for the renovation of Hanson Field. The brick work at the North end is exactly like the brickwork around Michigan Stadium. Makes that area much classier. Hopefully they will dress up the other entrances. I know those plans are on the drawing board to be unveiled soon. Do you know anything about them? How about the basketball locker room for boys?

Don't know if you saw it or not but I wrote a letter to the editor of the Macomb Journal published at the end of January after I saw the Necks play the Cougars up here in Chicago. The whole program just looked out of energy. I basically said it was time for Western to put the money where its mouth was. Thomas definitely is doing just that. After I researched the three juco players early this year I felt like Kerwin had done a nice job recruiting some good kids, but I really thought it was strange that two 6'8" kids would leave the program after their sophomore year, both starters at one time or another. I knew VanAlstine would run out of patience sooner or later.

Anyway, thats me!

jc

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: This is great! -- Starter, 18:45:28 08/06/03 Wed

It's awesome to have a WIU fan like yourself on the board now. I've been trying to get the word out for about a week. Leatherhead (another poster on this board) told me about the Gateway message board. Hopefully some of the WIU fans over there will make this message board their home.

Leatherhead lives in Missouri, but seems to bring good information to the board so far.

There was a guy by the name of LeatherDude on the board that gave a couple answers to some questions but he has vanished.

I'll do my best to dig and find out some things but maybe some people closer to the athletic department will find this board soon.

If you look at the links at the top of the front page of this board, there are links to all the schools in the Mid-Continent Conference. I actually created the Centenary, Chicago State, Western Illinois, IUPUI and Southern Utah boards. I'm trying to do the same thing on those boards as I am doing here.

I have seen some drawings of the baseball project. I'll post them as soon as I find them again.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.