VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:42:23 08/12/03 Tue
Author: Starter
Subject: Roll Call Guys - Neckfansince71, WIUDOG, Leatherhead, etc.

Okay guys, some people have visited the board and posted but I think we haven't had to many return posters. This is role call. Even if you haven't posted before, post now and tell us about yourself.

Where are you from? Did you graduate/current student at WIU? What sport do you follow the most? What are you hobbies? What type of work do you do?

Just post something explaining who you are a little bit.

Let's get this message board going!!!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Roll Call Guys - Neckfansince71, WIUDOG, Leatherhead, etc. -- Neckfansince71, 08:35:09 08/22/03 Fri

Okay Starter, here goes!

I grew up in what is not called the Northwest Suburbs close to the Fox River. Graduated from high school in 1971, went to WIU not only because it was a great school for education but it also had a coaching minor. Also thought of walking on in basketball but decided quickly that I would just enjoy playing in the extremely competitive intramural program and work on my education and social life. Got hooked quickly on Leatherneck football. 1971-75, Western had huge crowds and costantly knocked off Division I wanna be's such as Eastern Michigan, Central Michigan, and Northern Illinois. My freshman year they put in the eastern stands, and the old green pressbox burned down.

Graduated in 75, went to the western suburbs to teach and coach. Have taught 29 years, coached basketball for 22. I have been and will always be an avid supporter of Western Illinois University. I am proud to say that a number of my former students have also walked the plain of Macomb.

I guess you could say that I have some nerve!!! In the old days, before internet access and the sportsline at the bottom of the TV screen I pined to know the Western score. I have been known to call the union desk for the score and one time got so frustrated that I called the pressbox number for the score. The guy who answered could not believe it! I devour and research anything and everything about the athletic program. When the new roster for cross country comes out, I will see how well the new recruits did in the IHSA meet last year. Same thing for track and field, basketball, volleyball, etc. I am just a rabid fan!

jc
jc

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Good post -- Starter, 15:04:20 08/24/03 Sun

Exactly what I was looking for in the reply. Hopefully everyone else can give us a quick run down on themselves so we can have a better understanding.

Just a couple more days til football season!

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.