VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 08:47:45 08/30/03 Sat
Author: wiuato
Subject: Re: What happened to Dukes and Vance?
In reply to: Neckfansince71 's message, "Re: What happened to Dukes and Vance?" on 07:08:11 08/30/03 Sat

Well, the atmosphere was great before the game and until halftime. The whole east stands were filled as were the endzones, the west side was about 1/2 full because it is all reserved and god forbid they let gen. admission people fill them up. I usually like to go in early and watch some warm-ups and drills etc. but Thurs. it was not an option because they did not open the gates until 5:30 for a 6:05 game so as you could imagine, people were still flowing in after the game started.

Overall, I guess they looked good for the first game and with playing a ton of guys and the weather it was not the massacre it could have been. I am a bit concerned at the safety position in particular, What should have been a strong point may be a huge weakness. With Irish transfering and Dukes nowhere to be found, WIU was vulnerable there. I know Travis Washington is the starting SS but to be honest, I am not sure he even played unless I missed something but he was a stud last season. Still too many questions because what I was expecting to see from this highly touted team was not exactly what I expected. Some guys who were eagerly expected to fill holes
and make the team better are not there although a couple who were looked good. The LB core of Russell, Archer and Vance expected to replace and maybe be better than last season was only Russell & Archer with a journeyman player at the other spot. Maybe the Lingley kid from U. Washington will be at the other spot, he looked pretty good. The offense will be pretty much the same, with the new guy Norris who looks like Stacey Coleman filling the other WR spot. The biggest no-show was the TE position, maybe it was planned but Luke was a huge part of Michna's success last season. I still think they need 5 go to WR's
because each offers something different, right now it is Gray, Hall(who I am not sold on still)& Norris who may be the best of the bunch, but I feel Akers needs to be used more and I have said it before, the Frosh. Rademaker needs to play. He seriously might be the best out of all of them because he gives you a little of what each guy does and he is very fast. But what do I know, I guess we will have to watch alot of dropped passes again this season with Gray and Hall, they make the tough grabs but seem to drop too many easy ones. Oh well.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: What happened to Dukes and Vance? -- fourbags, 10:40:57 09/02/03 Tue

heard dukes was at a jc bringing up his grades, but still came up a little short. word has it he is back home in california. being at a jc and trying to get things right, and having money problems, well can be real tough. he will be missed. have heard nothing on vance.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.