[ Show ]
[ Shrink ]
Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor
of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users'
privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your
privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket
to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we
also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.
Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your
contribution is not tax-deductible.)
Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):
[ Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
Previous Message ]
Date Posted: 12:50:57 09/01/03 Mon
Subject: New Valpo Board - Everyone Welcome!
I have started a new discussion board on yahoo. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ValpoB-ball/
It is not necessarily in competition with or designed to compete with any other Valpo discussion board. The reasons I started it are:
1. Nobody gets to kick me off or tell me to lighten the tone or remove my posts.
2. At the voy board, which is where most, if not all current and interested Valpo fans go, there is no permanent archives or history of posts. My site includes numerical posts from day one. It is much easier to keep Chi-man honest. History is important in my view and new members should have the opportunity to go back to the posts made in the past, starting from the very first post, and read the lively discussions we have had at voy. Unfortunately, they are all gone and no one gets to read, for example, the interesting posts of RB in his early days.
3. Voy tends to be very slow although there has been some improvement. I simply do not have the time to wait forever for a post to be made. They have improved their site with all thread posts included following the first post in a new thread.
4. Some posters on the old (pre-password) voy were agitators, some from the east, some from Butler, some from timbucktoo. They bad-mouthed the Valpo Basketball and Baseball program from time-to-time. Once they were required to have a password, they left. I don't mind if people want to discuss Valpo. If they want to criticize Valpo, I won't get my panties in a wringer and remove their posts.
5. I have articles posted in full at my site. This also provides an historical perspective on the issues of the day. For example, I am posting articles on Scott Drew and the Baylor program and even one on a Christian view of Baylor. This is ok at my site. I was often criticized for discussing issues other than Valpo-only basketball. Not at my site. There is even a good article on the APES Syndrome and PIG people that is very funny but would be frowned upon at voy.
6. To welcome any kind of commentary concerning Valpo Basketball, positive or negative, without fear of being censored and having posts removed. Many folks at voy really appreciate that restriction and I respect their views. Everyone should be happy where they are and have the opportunity to have differing restrictions/policies, etc. That is not to say that I would never remove a post. If continued profanity and trolls began to come to my message board to disrupt the discussion and/or to try and sell a product, or start an ongoing discussion on an issue entirely unrelated to Valpo basketball or the mid-con, I would take appropriate action.
7. To be perfectly clear: I am NOT making a pejorative statement about the quality of most posters on voy. Some I consider good friends. All from voy are welcome at my site.
All mid-con member schools are welcome to express their views about our conference and our teams without fear of reprisal: yes, even that ORU fellow who hates Valpo.
Next Thread |
Previous Thread |
Next Message |
[ Contact Forum Admin ]
Forum timezone: GMT-8|
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.