VoyForums
[ Show ]
Support VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums (PayPal):

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123[4] ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:22:39 09/02/03 Tue
Author: fourbags
Subject: EMU game

hope we see a different NECKS team from a week ago! anyone out there besides me feel we still don't have the right mix of players, playing togather out there on both sides of the ball? on the "D" WAYNE ST ran the ball very effective against us, with some better play calling on there part, they could of made some real statements against us!!! I think Russell is out of position, he needs to be strong outside backer, where he can force the action more, inside where he can be that dominate figure, instead of chasing the play. also in the late 3rd quarter and the 4th quarter some of the kids on D were very inpressive that got a chance to play! I think 1 or 2 of them well should we say WHAT'S UP WITH THAT.... might be starters in that new MIX.. on the "O" side of the ball, the line seemed real solid, with very good back up players who could fill in and do a real good job. Our QB is solid, however I am not at all happy with the WR's we are puting in the fore front as our best WR'S.. I dont't know what is going on there. Hall and Gray, both have very average hands, average meaning 50/50 they catch the ball, and in traffic 40/60 they catch it. Not hateing . just stating the truth. New kid Norris needs to be in the mix, along with Rademaker, and Akers this is everyones question, why is this kid not playing? People in the know will tell you, best wr in the conference and top 20 in the nation. Necks fans have no clue how good this kid is. (just ask the Neck players how good is game is)!!! Michna will never have the year the Necks and Neck fans are hoping for without Akers playing a big part of the Necks season... just some thoughts as how I'm seeing things right now. We have good kids and coaches just my thoughts, whats yours. Go Necks and take it to EMU.........

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: EMU game -- wiuato, 14:11:01 09/02/03 Tue

I imagine when transfer Bradley Vance (who I thought) was in the mix Russell was going to stay outside and have Vance play inside with Archer as the other LB. But now with what seems to be Kocsis as OLB along with Archer Russell is now inside. A little bit of info on Russell for you that I have observed since he was a frosh, He had Hartwell and Robinson along side as a frosh. McWilliams and Middlebrook as a sopf & Jr. and now Archer, in order for him to remain successful, he needs one more stud next to him. Archer is a proven big time player who was a main guy with Minnesota until injury but Kocsis is unproven which puts more pressure on Russell being able to get to the ball. My feelings in the past were that obviously Hartwell was better than Lee, Junior Robinson was better and both McWilliams and Middlebrook were better which made it easier for Russell to get around and make plays especially the non-tackle stats. In this current D, Russell will have to try to make more tackles and pursue more than before which with his lack of size could hurt. I liked the Lingley kid from Washington, he seemed to have quickness and looked to read the runners well. He has size, 6-2 and speed which would fit better in the current scheme. What will help the LB's greatly is moving Kowalyshen to DE. The guy last season was everywhere and whenyou match him along with Daun, it almost gives you 5 LB's because these guys seem to know where the ball is.
My big concern on D is the backfield, Dukes seemingly is gone and outside of the Campbell's and Washington who else is proven? Fitzhugh has a tendency over the years to get burned repeatedly and Bainter in a R-Fr. so who can be relied upon if injuries happen? I did not see Washington in the lineup for the Wayne game, what is the deal? He was a playmaker last season and to my knowledge was to be a force on D this season.

Anyways, I am not the coach so who cares what I think. I just trust that Patterson knows the deal because he is a good coach and knows better than I. i am just not sold on this team being a top 5 pre-season squad. In the beginning I was excited about the season with the seemingly big-time additions and returning stars but after the first game and not seeing certain guys even on the team along with guys who are that did not play for whatever reason, I was just knocked down a few levels on the anticipation meter. But I will not give up hope.

[ Edit | View ]

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.