VoyForums
[ Shrink ]
VoyForums Announcement: Programming and providing support for this service has been a labor of love since 1997. We are one of the few services online who values our users' privacy, and have never sold your information. We have even fought hard to defend your privacy in legal cases; however, we've done it with almost no financial support -- paying out of pocket to continue providing the service. Due to the issues imposed on us by advertisers, we also stopped hosting most ads on the forums many years ago. We hope you appreciate our efforts.

Show your support by donating any amount. (Note: We are still technically a for-profit company, so your contribution is not tax-deductible.) PayPal Acct: Feedback:

Donate to VoyForums:

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: [1]234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:23:47 03/30/16 Wed
Author: Onlooker
Subject: Re: DK's grandstanding
In reply to: Come clean 's message, "DK's grandstanding" on 14:53:18 03/28/16 Mon

I surmise that Come Clean is not a journalist and has never been to a press conference and doesn't know what one is.

Where did anyone ever see fans much less the public in a press conference? I sure never did. Not ever.

No, I wasn't there. But I saw the TV. And I listened to Paul Zeise (Post-Gazette beat writer on the Fan) speak of how weird and unsettling it was to look around and see fans at a press conference. And cheerleaders. I think I heard other writers-broadcasters say something similar. Not certain so I won't mention names. But I am certain Zeise said it. It was his lead into the entire discussion.

You can criticize DK's question if you like, but it wasn't grandstanding. Me -- I think it was a good, strong question. I didn't like the "come clean" expression. DK either stumbled on that one or was being too harsh. It sounded like he was accusing Stallings of covering up something. I think DK simply stumbled, that's all. But the line of inquiry was certainly appropriate.

So what were the fans and cheerleaders, etc., doing there at a press conference in the first place? Do you think Pitt was trying to protect Stallings by insulating him in a welcome party, thinking that would defuse the questions? If so, that was a silly idea. Or perhaps Pitt was just trying to save time and throw the party and the press conference at the same time. Also silly. Pitt knew Stallings wasn't a popular hire. They knew the heat was up. Unfairly, of course, but it was up nonetheless. Maybe Pitt figured hard questions might not be a good thing for a new hire to face.

Anyway, next press conference you go to, Come Clean, please check and see how many cheerleaders are there, and fans, curiosity-seekers and the like. Then come back and tell us.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2019 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.