VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:00:11 04/27/16 Wed
Author: Former PGer
Subject: Re: DK partners with WPXI
In reply to: Rico the Baker 's message, "DK partners with WPXI" on 23:15:04 04/25/16 Mon

The original -- the one, only and the late -- Rico the Baker was a very good journalist with the PG and UPI, back in the day. Rico was an even better person. He had an annual lunch date on Christmas eve with PF Biz Managaer Ray Burnett at one of the Blvd. saloons that I was fortunate enough to join a few times. I also knew well Rico's favorite stablemates at the PG, the Soundo Musick, the late columnist, and a former artist who is still with us but I won't out by name. These guys are from a different era, a time when the PG had a crazy but enlightened editor, (the late) John G. Craig Jr., and some extremely talented journalists who Craig collected through the years when talent and vision were more important at the PG than one's salary. To a man, they were super talented and knew how to enjoy life when the flag was down. I can still remember Rico stinking up the joint with his cigarettes and Craig with his cheap cigars. I also know DK, and another prominent nonsmoking, teatotaling Pittsburgh journalist, Dave Shribman. Both would be ducks out of water after hours with those guys.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.