VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:44:23 06/20/16 Mon
Author: Facepalm
Subject: DK publicly recruiting new photographers

Dejan tweeted to a staff photographer for the Erie Times-News, presumably about a job since DK announced he is looking for another staff photographer.

Dejan couldn't find an email for the guy so he decided to tweet at the guy's professional account? I'm sure the Erie Times-News isn't too happy about that.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- You know why..., 05:14:43 06/21/16 Tue [1]

It was planned. This way he can say see, I need people! I'm hiring! Without having to say it

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Employee, 12:39:25 06/21/16 Tue [1]

Many years ago I got a call at work with a job offer, which I accepted. The DK situation is different though because Tweets are public.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Yikes, 13:21:12 06/21/16 Tue [1]

Hmmm. Looks like his photographer Wick doesnt have DK listed as his employer on Twitter anymore Either. Wonder what happened.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Marvin Gordo, 04:17:32 06/22/16 Wed [1]

Wickerham's name is no longer on the masthead either.

I'm a paid subscriber, and the coverage is good, but the staff turnover is very disconcerting. Wick's photos were pretty great.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Need you ask?, 05:50:36 06/22/16 Wed [1]

His ego ran off another quality person.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Suzy Q, 06:26:13 06/22/16 Wed [1]

DK fired his photog. Yet another one bites the dust. The post saying he was hiring ANOTHER photog was a lie. Why would he need ANOTHER photog?

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- A Casual Observer, 06:41:28 06/22/16 Wed [1]

1. Jared Wickerham removed from staff page at DK's site
2. Wickerham removed all references to DK on his twitter bio
3. All "pics by wick" posts have been removed from the site.

...what the hell happened? Purely speculation, but I believe that Wickherham wanted to sell some prints of the parade and DK didn't like that.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- The Cheap Seats, 06:57:57 06/28/16 Tue [1]

Wickerham specifically posted on his personal website that the Stanley Cup parade was a public event and he had the right to sell his prints and that was posted before he was fired so your theory holds water in my opinion.

My bother-in-law subscribes and told me that Dejan posted it was due to " egregious violations" of the contract that he signed. Whatever that means.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Media Man, 07:21:15 06/22/16 Wed [1]

DK doesn't care about collateral damage. Sad.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- 1st Time Caller, 21:18:54 06/22/16 Wed [1]

I never understood why he needed a staff photographer. He flew him around for road games, too.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DK publicly recruiting new photographers -- Charles Foster Kane, 22:41:43 06/22/16 Wed [1]

FWIW, City Paper has an ad this week looking for freelance sportswriters, with an emphasis on stories that "don't have to come from pro sports teams."

Unclear whether they're also recruiting via twitter...

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.