VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:46:05 06/27/16 Mon
Author: Lifeboat commander
Subject: PG Want Ad , SOS overtones

It's honest for sure. But it's not exactly an ad that would make anyone want to uproot themselves to sign on to the unknown.

https://www.journalismjobs.com/job-listings/1630511

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: PG Want Ad , SOS overtones -- New Chief, Few Indians, 23:08:10 06/27/16 Mon [1]

I'd rather have the honestly of someone telling me what i'm really getting into rather then being snowed with "come work for One of America's Great Newspapers" -- only to discover that the sole reason they made budget this quarter was because someone overpaid for "107: Lot of Used Office Wastebaskets" at the 34 Blvd of the Allies auction.

Besides, some people actually thrive when given that kind of challenge going into the job.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: PG Want Ad , SOS overtones -- Bingo Bob, 11:25:35 06/28/16 Tue [1]

The hiring manager for the listed job is actually leaving the P-G. What does that tell you?

http://publicsource.org/from-the-source/digital-media-innovator-lead-publicsource#.V3LA2LgrLDc

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: PG Want Ad , SOS overtones -- Frank, 22:47:41 06/28/16 Tue [1]

The news release doesn't have her PublicSource start date. Perhaps she is tasked with choosing her successor.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: PG Want Ad , SOS overtones -- Don't Call Us, We'll Call You, 22:56:29 06/28/16 Tue [1]

Maybe that's why PG applications were due almost 3 weeks ago

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: PG Want Ad , SOS overtones -- KnowLoss, 23:27:54 06/28/16 Tue [1]

Not any surprise there. Mila came to the PG with no journalistic background, except for brief minor slots at CNN and PBS. With no newspaper experience and a gift for "vision," she loved talking up "digital" and "innovation" and sunshine and this and that. But what did she really accomplish at the PG in those areas? Not much. It was a mere stepping stone to her next job at this overhyped "investigative" organization.

The PG's future is looking dimmer by the month. Mary Leonard retired as Deputy ME in 2013. Her successor lasted roughly two years. Mila didn't even remain a year. I hope others on North Shore Drive are readying their resumes for what's coming.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.