VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 21:05:18 07/25/16 Mon
Author: Semantics
Subject: Spin, conspiracy theories and apologists
In reply to: Unguilded 's message, "Re: Trib going down the tubes" on 17:24:09 07/22/16 Fri

I only responded to Ed. E. Torial's views. There were added comments on this thread before I came in.

Obviously, a privately held corporation does not have to explain their strategies. Business 101.

My point was to defend those original posters who criticized the way the company was handling this. Ed E. claimed they were "no Trib apologist," then got defensive, implying anyone criticizing the spin TTM offered on the buyouts was speaking maliciously. What was that comment? Oh yes, "hate much?" Take note: criticism and hate are not synonymous.

I felt they were basically offering spin, trying to put a happy face on a very challenging situation affecting peoples' livelihoods. It happens all the time in other businesses. Where TTM is "growing" anything isn't being discussed. But since you mention it, are they growing the online sports talk operation? I seriously doubt that. If UpGruv is TTM's idea of "growth," that's a sad commentary.

Accusing me of creating a conspiracy theory is an obvious ploy to discredit my rather mild criticism, not to mention an absurd overreaction on your end.

Let's cut to the chase. Regardless of who is or isn't a "Trib apologist," your comments reveal a VERY clear view of "what's going on in the company."

I said it was spin. I'll say it again.

All you've done is offer a defensive perspective, with an added touch of annoyance. But thanks for the insight.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: Spin, conspiracy theories and apologists -- I offered the truth, 06:31:42 07/26/16 Tue [1]

With no spin.
Yes, even the "brainwashed" employees admit it's a mess. (The quotes was to show my sarcasm.)
Everyone knows that The Trib (along with the P-G) is in serious trouble, and within a year or so, Pittsburgh will be, at most, a one-paper town.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.