VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 00:08:46 08/23/16 Tue
Author: Caper McPaper
Subject: Re: Gannett-backed site launching in Pittsburgh
In reply to: No life experience necessary 's message, "Re: Gannett-backed site launching in Pittsburgh" on 06:30:35 08/22/16 Mon

So, who will train these callow tykes in how to pretend they know the Burgh? Lexi? That's a joke. She was never that good at the PG. Targeting City Paper (and not UpGruv) requires reporters willing to adopt the alt. weekly posture of acting cooler and more knowledgeable than everyone else, even when they don't know much. Honestly, I don't know if I'd want to piss away a dime aiming writers at the toothless tiger that is Pittsburgh City Paper (a.k.a. "The Wednesday Waste"). Their main audience consists of liberal activists and artsy types. Their other audience: artists, graffiti painters, songwriters, poets, filmmakers who want publicity and have struck out trying to interest the PG and Trib.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> Re: Gannett-backed site launching in Pittsburgh -- Point of order, 11:07:01 08/23/16 Tue [1]

Belcufine and Smeltz have been married since last fall, and he moved from The Trib to the P-G more than a year ago.
But I do agree with the question: How will these outsiders fit in? It's going to take quite a while for them to build up sources and traction, and I wonder how long Billy Penn will have patience.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Gannett-backed site launching in Pittsburgh -- The simple answerer, 04:46:25 08/24/16 Wed [1]

The ultimate slogan to understanding why Billy Penn hires less experienced outsiders.

"Kids trying to stay employed in the imploding newspaper business can be hired cheap."

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.