VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 07:16:45 08/31/16 Wed
Author: rex peatram (constipated)
Subject: Re: DK Column about James Conner
In reply to: Former Subscriber 's message, "DK Column about James Conner" on 15:06:45 08/29/16 Mon

I felt no interest in even READING this column.

Yeah, he's a young guy.

Yeah, he's a PHENOMENAL athlete.

Yeah, he's handsome.

Yeah, he's going to probably play on Sundays.

Yeah, he got cancer.

Lots and lots (and increasingly) lots of people get/will get cancer.

And, he will fight it bravely.

I do hope he is/remains cancer free.

Is it "inspirational" or "brave" to "fight" cancer?

I HOPE when one faces death, he fights!

As a cancer survivor myself, I shake my head as well when I see these headlines/stories.

NO INTEREST at all in reading about Conner's fight, but much interest in reading about Conner's domination on the gridiron!

(But, I haven't cancelled my subscription yet, and am glad DK will get back to freakin' writing, rather than trying to be a businessman or bossman...)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- Loyal Customer, 11:37:01 09/01/16 Thu [1]

Most business don't want or need customers who would cancel as a knee-jerk reaction to a single story.

And most who threaten to cancel never do, anyway.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- Former DK subscriber, 11:49:50 09/02/16 Fri [1]

You talking to me? I canceled LONG before this article, and it had nothing to do with just a single story.

But if he actually doesn't want or need me, he sure did raise alot of fuss with me on social media about it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- admirer, 22:12:44 09/02/16 Fri [1]

I have only the greatest admiration for "DK," because it is beyond my imagination as to why anyone would pay even a dime for anything such a marginally talented egomaniac has to say. But as the famous quotation goes, "No one's ever gone broke underestimating the intelligence of the public."

So high-five, DK. Keep selling that Turner's Tea.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- The Cheap Seats, 04:45:12 09/03/16 Sat [1]

On the flip side, one must call-out the people who pay for access to his site - and quite a bunch of them protect him like they're a stockholder in the site by rushing to defend him anytime a subscriber says a negative word about him or his work. Its drinking the kool aid to the highest degree.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- Rev. Jim Jones, 23:32:59 09/03/16 Sat [1]

So what if they're paying to subscribe and are also a-drinkin' the Kool-Aid?

No matter how stupid they may appear, they're still his customers. Paying customers. You're apparently not one of them.

That he still has paying customers suggests he's doing enough right to merit an audience that pays him enough to keep the lights on. To dismiss them all as if they're cult followers is irrelevant; they're perfectly satisfied with his product.

I don't see anyone belittling the masses who support PG+.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- The Cheap Seats, 18:02:24 09/04/16 Sun [1]

I waited 18 months to subscribe - I'm no longer giving him my money.

My point is how so many subscribers exist that not only think he's a great columnist but a good guy - just laughable that's all!

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> [> Re: DK Column about James Conner -- Get In Line, 23:37:42 09/05/16 Mon [1]

You mean there's an 18-month waiting list? Whoa!

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.