VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:03:45 09/13/16 Tue
Author: Jus Dafax
Subject: Re: Names?
In reply to: The Cheap Seats 's message, "Re: Names?" on 03:40:15 09/13/16 Tue

How good is this buyout? Two weeks pay and you get to keep your scissors and mouse pad, but have to leave the paper clips and stapler? And don't even think of taking any reporter's notebooks.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> Re: Names? -- Fax man, 10:49:52 09/14/16 Wed [1]

Considering the above list of employees supposedly taking the buyout, I'm sure it's much better than two weeks pay and a stapler.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Names? -- Jus Dafax, 09:48:55 09/15/16 Thu [1]

Hey Fax Man, where are your facts? If you are sure it is better, then what is it? Where are the facts? Remember this isn't a Guild operation -- one gal could get a big buyout and another guy a pittance.

Remember, Trib total whatever is the group that boosts its "circulation" by giving it away or charging about 11 cents a paper. If they say they have a buyout, I am skeptical it is much more than a don't let the door hit you in the butt on the way out. With layoffs near, they probably don't have to offer much to get employees to bite.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Names? -- Jus Dafax is a moron, 10:37:26 09/16/16 Fri [1]

The offer was to anyone with five years at TTM. They get 1 1/2 weeks of pay for every year of employment. Because Pennsylvania court decisions allow for unemployment compensation for those electing to take buyouts, they also get the capped benefits for up to six months.

They can Cobra their medical coverage, too.

I decided to stay. We'll see how that goes. I might get the unemployment and a pat on the head on the way out.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.