VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:43:45 09/16/16 Fri
Author: Requiem for a dinosaur
Subject: Re: Names?
In reply to: Registrar 's message, "Names?" on 17:16:19 08/31/16 Wed

By my count, about 35 from the third floor of D.L. Clark will take the buyout. When you factor in the "retired" and "seeking opportunities elsewhere" among the senior editorial leadership, plus those with less than five years in who are actively interviewing elsewhere, you're going to witness an exodus of at least 40 from the newsroom.

Who cares about the second floor? This disaster was their making. If anyone should be out, they should.

If you asked those who already left, they would say that they lost faith in the second floor to manage a business and never harbored much confidence in Luis and Jeremy as replacements for Frank and Jim.

For what they're worth, the rumors portend the shuttering of most of the Pittsburgh operation by December, the consolidation of the Valley and Greensburg print products and the withdrawal from circulating in much of Allegheny County.

But they're just rumors. The problem is that management hasn't been very forthcoming, and what few pronouncements fluttered down from their perches were contradictory or murky.

What do I know? I decided to stay, so I'll probably be out soon enough.

Any place hiring?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.