VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 09:47:27 10/17/16 Mon
Author: Quagmire
Subject: Important insight from Jill Leonard

http://www.upgruv.com/family-guy-spoofs-donald-trump-locker-room-talk-2050547933.html

Wow, Jill! How kewl! Recapping one topical aspect of an animated comedy for the masses of people flocking to see this sad remnant of Trib Total Media, which might be better named "UpChuck." Guess what, youngsters? All millenials are not this stupid and shallow.

When are you advertising to hire a tattoo or a graffiti critic? Do let us know!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Important insight from Jill Leonard -- Youngin, 19:54:25 10/17/16 Mon [1]

Guess what, youngsters? Not all old people are this bitter!

This is what the site does, so your complaint is weak. If you don't like it, don't visit. It's that simple. I don't remember Upgruv claiming it was some bastion of journalism.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Important insight from Jill Leonard -- Double tweet, 06:49:21 10/18/16 Tue [1]

Even worse, her "story" is nearly twice the 140-character Upgruv limit.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Important insight from Jill Leonard -- kewl-aid, 11:21:36 10/18/16 Tue [1]

You know, Quagmire, when you continue to use slang that was "hip" and "jive" back when your kids were in college in the '80s, you just end up looking like Monty Burns.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Important insight from Jill Leonard -- Powda Burnz, 20:24:33 10/19/16 Wed [1]

Yo! Bitchez! Wassup? Don't be disrespectin' my peeps on these rad new sites UpGruv and da In-Cline! We be chillin' with the news we want so y' all chill!

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: Important insight from Jill Leonard -- Yinz Reader, 20:53:43 10/19/16 Wed [1]

Fact is Upgruv being its own entity and identity will outlast the Trib and probably the PG. Is it the journalism we grew up on studying about investigating Watergate or making big change? No. But, times are changing for what people want. The top national publications will have the hard hitting journalism, but in the gain for clicks and sponsors, things like Upgruv are what work if the expenses are managed.

There's a reason Rossi and Labar are there, whether by their choice or the Trib bosses orders. They have strong social media followings and make you think something of them one way or the other. Rossi comes off arrogant and I don't care about pro wrestling, but I know people my age and younger who follow both of their work like it's the bible for what they cover. Again, not for me but I can't rant about how bad Upgruv is because they seem to have a better battle plan than their "competition" and this is coming from someone who has subscribed to both daily newspapers at one time or another.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Important insight from Jill Leonard -- Tweety Bird, 05:48:26 10/20/16 Thu [1]

It's not journalism. It consists of flashy and snark-flavored blurbs of superficial "curated" news aimed at people, many of them young, with severely limited attention spans who don't really care about news and want something silly to tweet or post on Facebook to impress friends. True, conventional journalism is changing but I have trouble believing this is the final answer. Not sure anyone knows what it'll be.

Incline: somebody in Philly playing at a media presence there and here with some Gannett backing. UpGruv? Bertetto and colleagues in a post-Scaife era wanting to perpetuate their employment by publishing subpar print and online products.

It's not the first time. Trib Total tried to reach young people before, spent a nice chunk of Dick's money and ultimately failed. Remember?

http://triblive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/business/s_734546.html

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.