VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:51:51 10/28/16 Fri
Author: The Real World
Subject: Question for Jacob
In reply to: Jacob 's message, "Re: Perrotto quits the BCT (again)" on 00:41:58 10/28/16 Fri

Jacob, can you tell us how you pay YOUR bills and why bloggers should toil for nothing and give their work away out of some misbegotten sense of idealism or charity?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Question for Jacob -- Former DK subscriber, 09:12:34 10/29/16 Sat [1]

Bloggers are people who just want internet fame because they think they look important to their friends by their clicks and twitter followers.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Question for Jacob -- The truth, 16:45:48 10/29/16 Sat [1]

Some bloggers are paid. Some bloggers attached to legit journalism entities are for real. But a lot of people in legit journalism are so fearful of their job security they hate ALL bloggers. Some of these people would do better to work harder themselves.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> Re: Question for Jacob -- Jacob, 01:31:44 10/30/16 Sun [1]

There's only so many paying jobs in newspapers and they are slowly dying by the day (see the Trib). Some people don't land that paying writing job out of college and so they write on their own until they make it full time.

Some papers underpay for 30 years and treat their writers like crap (John Perrotto's thoughts) to the point where he doesn't work as hard to scoop things. Yet in the journalism world he'd still be more respected than those "idiot bloggers" right?

The only difference between bloggers and established media is access and some established media don't do much with that access to begin with.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> [> [> Re: Question for Jacob -- John Perrotto (Perrotto), 15:34:23 10/30/16 Sun [1]

I have to laugh at this. I don't work hard? I'm lucky if I have five full days off the entire year. Give me your real name and number instead of hiding behind an alias. I'll call you and explain exactly how the real world is.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.