VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:29:48 12/01/16 Thu
Author: Under Stated
Subject: Re: Live, from New Hampshire
In reply to: Waybury 's message, "Re: Live, from New Hampshire" on 05:44:55 12/01/16 Thu

I'm no Shribman supporter at all. But I have to say this piece says, subtly but pretty clearly, Trump has about as much chance of succeeding at being a good president as he has of scaling Mt. Washington, not to be confused with the Mt. Washington right across the Monongahela and Ohio. And that the nature of the presidency is that it's a 24/7/366 shit storm, worse than a New Hampshire mountain wind storm.

But he has enough detachment and journalistic distance not to proclaim that Trump will fall on his face right off that presidential mountain, certainly with his mouth open and yapping. Shribman is allowing for the odd chance that Trump succeeds (at anything) as president, since we don't exactly know yet what will happen, and Trump has time, even if the honeymoon may end on the day he is sworn in, depending on how crazily he behaves.

I've read that the U.S. president has 60,000 times more stress than the average bear, and I don't know how they arrived at that. But this could make any of us, and surely Trump, fold like a house of cards, with props to Frank Underwood.

So, no, this column is Shribman's wheelhouse, national politics, and he tried to put the difficulty of the job into both historical perspective and a metaphor of the presidential mountains in New England. And that didn't bother me at all. Though someone should tell him, since he's been here 13 years, there is another Mt. Washington within a stone's throw, as local issues and phenomena are surely not his wheelhouse.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> [> [> Re: Live, from New Hampshire -- Gazetteer, 16:22:06 12/02/16 Fri [1]

Set the guy down in Garfield with no GPS and he would probably have no idea what state he was even in.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.