VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 05:17:57 01/04/17 Wed
Author: In-N-Out Pittsburgh
Subject: City Paper media columnist vs. the online Trib

http://www.pghcitypaper.com/pittsburgh/this-just-in/Content?oid=1974745

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: City Paper media columnist vs. the online Trib -- Lucy N Ethel, 18:14:28 01/04/17 Wed [1]

I used to really like Frances' This Just In columns, but they have gotten downright mean ever since she went toe-to-toe with Wendy Bell ad nauseam. It might be time for City Paper to consider another writer for that feature, someone with something fresh and interesting to say.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: City Paper media columnist vs. the online Trib -- In-N-Out Pittsburgh, 21:01:07 01/04/17 Wed [1]

What I don't understand about Frances, and I always liked her sense of snark, is why she couldn't deliver a steadier stream of material. It seems like she was stop-and-start and not consistent in providing new columms. You may be right about Wendy. Of course there are plenty of other things to grouse about in both the Trib and P-G.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: City Paper media columnist vs. the online Trib -- Easy target, 08:27:07 01/05/17 Thu [1]

My only issue with Frances' column is that the target is too easy. Local TV news is produced for old ladies and infants, or at least those with infantile minds. I'd be happier is she'd turn her wrath on local government. (Oh, and that Trib article? It was, indeed, lame.)

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: City Paper media columnist vs. the online Trib -- Weakly Reader, 13:16:09 01/05/17 Thu [1]

CP or maybe it was the late great InPGH used to do a decent job of skewering absurd TV pieces that deserved to be ridiculed.

this particular column is just mean-spirited sniping at so-so TV stories (not unlike much of what people post here).

In general, since CP became a monopoly in its niche and even more under its new ownership, it has trended more toward being an entertainment magazine rather than a scrappy alt-weekly covering stories with a different angle or depth than the dailies. It's another loss for all.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.