VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 12:10:07 01/09/17 Mon
Author: Disappointed
Subject: DKs dwindling hockey coverage

Where has their coverage gone? I enjoyed Seth was looking forward to Mackey helping out on the beat, and now Yohe has been MIA past couple weeks. No tweets, no articles, no game coverage.
Second rate baseball writer covering Pens games and a no-name reporter covering practices is not what I subscribed for

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- James, 14:19:29 01/09/17 Mon [1]

Josh has just been out for a week. They have addressed this multiple times. He's still there.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Oh Canada, 16:14:58 01/09/17 Mon [1]

Do the Pens go to Winnipeg soon? DK will handle that personally.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Pay attention please, 06:32:32 01/10/17 Tue [1]

The Penguins had a mandatory NHL "bye week", basically nothing happened from Jan 1st to Jan 8th. The entire team had mandatory 5 days off with no practice or hockey activity, most players were out of town on vacation. They returned to practice on Thursday Jan 5th. Played the first game back on Sunday Jan 8th, same day as Steelers playoff game.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Really?, 09:25:33 01/10/17 Tue [1]

Looking at the site, his last story was the 2nd, and he was writing regularly before that. Not sure where this poster is getting the "weeks" figure. They said he's doing the game tomorrow in DC.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Former DK subscriber, 13:45:01 01/10/17 Tue [1]

Now wait a minute. Their Pirates coverage was always insultingly bad, their Steelers coverage was a cluster F of mediocrity until Kaboly brought a tiny bit of substance to it.

The whole reason to pay for that site was the Pens coverage*. If anyone actually paid for the Pirates vendetta they were just an idiot, and the Steelers coverage was some of the worst in town. If they're slacking on Penguins now what is the use of that site? The top 2 guys there (DK and Yohe) are both Pens guys. If they can't do that right, shut it down.

*Or the 400 people who care about Gatjka and the Riverhounds.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Former-DK-subscriber Fan, 03:57:57 01/11/17 Wed [1]

Former DK Subscriber might just be in the locker room with the media, he's that spot on with his remarks.

Keep it up. We appreciate someone here who has a genuine understanding.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- CornFused, 09:54:37 01/11/17 Wed [1]

Here's an "out of town" opinion on the site. I pay less then $4 a month for fairly good coverage and to be honest, 80% of the "Morning Java" segments more than satisfy the cost.

The "out of town" comment was mentioned to show that here in Burbank...Pittsburgh content is hard to come by. I still go to the PG as well (my father worked there for over 30yrs) but for me, the price is a bargain.

I like the Pens and Steelers coverage. Kaboly is great. I didn't think his video segments would work, but he's my favorite...or at least a close second to Josh. Intersting to watch.

I find most of the crew pretty likeable and it keeps my Pittsburgh pride high. I even purchase some Sarris dark chocolate pretzels this year after watching one of their pieces. Delicious.

They could drop the Pirates coverage (and the rest) and I'd still pay.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- TheEndGame, 20:19:33 01/21/17 Sat [1]

The end game here for DK is selling the site to some kind of online sports media entity.

That's where he can make some money. Shutting it down without some kind of return would be disastrous financially.

So he's not in it for basic quality, he's trying to make it look appealing enough on the surface to attract a final payout.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- A Casual Observer, 07:29:24 01/26/17 Thu [1]

You sure that's the end game? I mean, what company would buy that? It would have to be completely rebranded and something tells me a certain egotistical so-so columnist wouldn't like that.

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- No Credit, 03:29:54 01/11/17 Wed [1]

Funny DK note. The other day Ron Cook had fresh information on Big Ben's injury and put it on Twitter. Everyone who used it credited Cook as the source. Almost everybody. On DK, he was referred to as "one of the hosts of (Ben's) local radio show."

[ Edit | View ]

[> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Oliver Onion, 21:52:21 01/28/17 Sat [1]

They sent someone to cover the NHL All Star game. Why?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Questionable content, 12:18:13 01/29/17 Sun [1]

From the added revenue from the addition of the objectionable, sexist cartoons? That will sell a lot of subs.

People pay for this garbage?

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- The Cheap Seats, 20:56:58 01/29/17 Sun [1]

So the owner could say they did it

[ Edit | View ]

[> Kaboly sucks Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- RobertoSan, 13:53:14 02/07/17 Tue [1]

Kaboly gets more pushback from the readers than any other columnist on that site. He is legitimately into football, but his analysis is not that good. His article on the Justin Gilbert's cut was pretty bad. He recently did a feature on Timmons on Edelman and the readers laughed at that analysis as if it wasa a serious matchup in reality since everyone else knew that Timmons had no chance on Edelman and that's all the analysis one needed.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Kaboly sucks Re: DKs dwindling hockey coverage -- Kaboly highest paid, 21:15:27 02/07/17 Tue [1]

Crazy because he's average at best and highest paid on the staff

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.