VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:06:57 01/23/17 Mon
Author: Former PGer
Subject: Re: Sue Smith would have been a "slightly" better choice
In reply to: Ditzburgh Bad 's message, "Micco on "Sunday Edition" = SNL Sketch" on 22:40:28 01/22/17 Sun

Sue, at least, has actually reported "news" stories prior to becoming a PG editor. Jerry is fooling no one at the PG. He's a duck out of water on the news side. But, he's one of Parkway's boys so it's doubtful that he'll ever have to worry about getting a pink slip. I'm not 100% certain, but I don't think Micco has any experience outside of sports on the 3-4 papers he's worked for. If he did, it was with the Buckwheat Gazette long, long ago. I know for a fact, Micco had never been to the courthouse, the cop headquarters and a municipal meeting (in Pittsburgh) before becoming Sunday Editor. With that kind of resume, it's tough to gain the respect of your peers It's a totally different world covering fires, the cops or the courts. In sports, you go to the game, then are spoon fed information at the post-game pressers. The deadlines for sports are often impossible and the travel can be rough, but the rest of the job is generally enjoyable. For 3-4 years, Micco did well running PG sports. Then, I'm not sure what happened. From reading the paper, it appeared he just lost interest during his final couple of years in sports. He seemed more interested in being a political animal amongst his fellow AP sports editors.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.