VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 15:49:03 02/02/17 Thu
Author: Former DK subscriber
Subject: Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid
In reply to: Deadline USA 's message, "Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid" on 16:58:33 01/31/17 Tue

I personally have wanted Tomlin gone for years. Everything crazy old Bradshaw said about him is what I've been saying all that time so I'm no Tomlin supporter nor protecting the Steelers...

But this reeks of Steigy wanting attention again. Just like a few years ago when he made that ridiculous piece about if you wear game jerseys to a visiting ballpark you deserve what's coming. Does he have another book coming out soon that he needed to drum up name recognition again?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- The Cheap Seats, 19:30:58 02/02/17 Thu [1]

Im not sure I see how this is Steigerwald making this about himself..

I can see this maybe being Steigerwald wanting to not only bring this to the public's attention but also it throws water on the guys who cover this team by showing they sat on info that doesnt portray two highly visible coaches in a good light because it never made publication.

Two NFL coaches acting in this manner, one being the HC, is news because they behaved like the posterior of a donkey. Why should they get a free pass?

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Old & In The Way, 20:55:40 02/02/17 Thu [1]

Certain Steigerwalds came to a conclusion, long ago, that they WERE the media in Pittsburgh, especially when it comes to sports. Trouble is, they still think that's the case. The fact their days of dominance were over two decades ago seems lost on them. They still think they're relevant. The male, Pittsburgh sports equivalent of "Sunset Boulevard's" Norma Desmond

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- The NFL, 01:58:44 02/03/17 Fri [1]

What news was sat on?
And what exactly did Tomlin do?
Sounds like a story for the pros guy, and that's who did it.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- The NFL, 13:16:38 02/03/17 Fri [1]

*preps guy

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Seeking attention, for the sake of attention? That's a reach -- Former PGer, 20:35:34 02/02/17 Thu [1]

John has been around forever, despite the lack of gray hair!! I'm sure even he has acquired some sources through the decades. In this case, I note an old saying that journalists have about old and/or mediocre reporters: "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile."

As far as seeking attention, that's what reporters, TV and print, do for a living. When they gain attention, that's good, cause it usually means they have delivered a good story. Just try to make sure you're never part of the story. In this case, all of the bricks being thrown at Steigerwald are unfair, until a credible firsthand witness comes forward and says it didn't happen.

I might have second thoughts on this if Tomlin and/or Porter say publicly it never happened. BUT, Mike White quoted a cop saying something DID happen so it's pretty certain that Tomlin and Porter will continue to follow the Steelers Way and say as little as possible. As I said above, these things alway blow over -- eventually.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Former DK subscriber, 10:29:44 02/03/17 Fri [1]

I didn't say he "made it about himself" I said he was craving attention. Big difference. Who outside of the industry and Indiana, PA knew where he was even writing now prior to this? This gets his name back in the spotlight. He's a topic again, must be ready to release a book.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- NeverDKer, 19:32:42 02/03/17 Fri [1]

He does guest spots on radio multiple times a week and the Sunday night sports debate show.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Gasbag Central, 19:39:06 02/03/17 Fri [1]

Don't you find it odd that there apparently appears to be no actual video of any of this, in a stadium filled with hundreds of people, including teenagers who have their phones tethered to their hands so they can document every moment of their existence? Could it be because - while Porter may have gone half-Peezy on the police, it wasn't that big a deal. I'm pretty sure if Tomlin was making an ass out of himself on the sideline, somebody would have it, right?
Could it be that maybe - MAYBE - because even the teenagers realized what apparently Steigerwald did not ... THAT THIS IS NOT NEWS ...

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Former DK subscriber, 09:15:19 02/04/17 Sat [1]

Not to mention that in this day of instant social media mob mentality outrage that nobody even heard of this until 2+ months after the HS season, and after the Steelers season, when things are quiet so attention seeker could get the most play out of this. The Peezy south side arrest was viral in just minutes.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.