VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:35:34 02/02/17 Thu
Author: Former PGer
Subject: Re: Seeking attention, for the sake of attention? That's a reach
In reply to: Former DK subscriber 's message, "Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid" on 15:49:03 02/02/17 Thu

John has been around forever, despite the lack of gray hair!! I'm sure even he has acquired some sources through the decades. In this case, I note an old saying that journalists have about old and/or mediocre reporters: "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in awhile."

As far as seeking attention, that's what reporters, TV and print, do for a living. When they gain attention, that's good, cause it usually means they have delivered a good story. Just try to make sure you're never part of the story. In this case, all of the bricks being thrown at Steigerwald are unfair, until a credible firsthand witness comes forward and says it didn't happen.

I might have second thoughts on this if Tomlin and/or Porter say publicly it never happened. BUT, Mike White quoted a cop saying something DID happen so it's pretty certain that Tomlin and Porter will continue to follow the Steelers Way and say as little as possible. As I said above, these things alway blow over -- eventually.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Former DK subscriber, 10:29:44 02/03/17 Fri [1]

I didn't say he "made it about himself" I said he was craving attention. Big difference. Who outside of the industry and Indiana, PA knew where he was even writing now prior to this? This gets his name back in the spotlight. He's a topic again, must be ready to release a book.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- NeverDKer, 19:32:42 02/03/17 Fri [1]

He does guest spots on radio multiple times a week and the Sunday night sports debate show.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Gasbag Central, 19:39:06 02/03/17 Fri [1]

Don't you find it odd that there apparently appears to be no actual video of any of this, in a stadium filled with hundreds of people, including teenagers who have their phones tethered to their hands so they can document every moment of their existence? Could it be because - while Porter may have gone half-Peezy on the police, it wasn't that big a deal. I'm pretty sure if Tomlin was making an ass out of himself on the sideline, somebody would have it, right?
Could it be that maybe - MAYBE - because even the teenagers realized what apparently Steigerwald did not ... THAT THIS IS NOT NEWS ...

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> [> Re: Steigerwald breaks major Steelers story other media hid -- Former DK subscriber, 09:15:19 02/04/17 Sat [1]

Not to mention that in this day of instant social media mob mentality outrage that nobody even heard of this until 2+ months after the HS season, and after the Steelers season, when things are quiet so attention seeker could get the most play out of this. The Peezy south side arrest was viral in just minutes.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.