VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 1234567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 23:00:04 05/19/17 Fri
Author: Cute C. Pooh
Subject: Stupid Trib tricks, headline category

http://triblive.com/local/westmoreland/12317305-74/1000-meat-thefts-lead-police-to-beef-up-search-for-suspect

Honest to God! It's a meat theft so the police "beef up" their search. CLEVER!

Nice to be reassured of the level of sophistication that governs the Trib's editorial direction. Way to go, you elite journos, you!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[> Re: Stupid Trib tricks, headline category -- If this is what you have to complain about..., 07:31:36 05/21/17 Sun [1]

This is nothing but whining for the sake of whining.

[ Post a Reply to This Message ]
[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Stupid Trib tricks, headline category -- Don Think So, 12:20:37 05/22/17 Mon [1]

It's no more whining for the sake of whining that it is for the Trib to personify ineptitude for its own sake. When you're producing a subpar newspaper and desperately want to be taken seriously, it's not fun when your tackiness shows.

Some of us hoped when Dick shuffled off that the Trib might, if it survived at all, improve. It hasn't.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> Re: Stupid Trib tricks, headline category -- Meat Head, 07:30:51 05/29/17 Mon [1]

Doesn't bother me at all.

Shows the copy editor or whatever headline writer who did this is not comatose, has a spark of life and creativity left. Puns and plays on words don't bother me usually, as long as they contain no fat ... or gristle ... and are nicely marbled with the facts.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Stupid Trib tricks, headline category -- Archie, 12:18:06 05/30/17 Tue [1]

There's such a thing as being too cute, and it's something editors fall back on when they don't have much else going for them.

[ Edit | View ]

[> [> [> Re: Stupid Trib tricks, headline category -- Meat Head, 18:32:31 05/30/17 Tue [1]

Sounds like bull, and I will not cow in the corner, or steer this conversation awry, or horn in on a longer point, which might actually stab me in the calf, and make me lose the git-along of those little doegies. My stage name is Beau Vine, Wrangler. Sorry if I milked this.

[ Edit | View ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.