VoyForums

Login ] [ Contact Forum Admin ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12[3]4567 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:38:08 10/16/15 Fri
Author: A Casual Observer
Subject: Re: Dejan- Deeper Dive on his presence in the Burgh
In reply to: MBobcat1990 's message, "Dejan- Deeper Dive on his presence in the Burgh" on 16:18:05 10/16/15 Fri

Well said on all fronts. I'd like to add some thoughts:

1. The radio stuff...I recall in one of DK's relentless Q&As that he signed an exclusivity agreement with clear channel, hence why he appears on the X and 970. Right now the stations are making the mistake of treating him as another "paper" guest.

2. Yohe. Honestly, meh. I'm not the biggest hockey fan in the world but my friends who are hockey buffs say he knows his stuff, and he is well regarded. Yohe > Rossi at least. But his hire was definitely nothing to have a parade over.

3. Beat writers......I was interested in the Coolong hire because he helped build quite a following over at steelerswire.usatoday.com..I think it's VERY telling that this firing came after the San Diego game..DK and Coolong travelled together and it may have dawned on DK that it wasn't a good personality fit. Based on DK's behavior on twitter, I really don't think Coolong's tired there caused anything.

Gajtka is good...a good baseball head and he chips in in other areas...and is *believable*...when Yohe did the Pirates the authenticity was just not there.

DK's current setup for colleges in intriguing...he is bringing on these kids as freelancers ust for the exposure...I really can't believe that they are getting paid any kind of big-time freelance fees...just my hunch.But he's getting cheap labor and this adds to the "look at all this info we are giving you" mindset.

Full disclosure: I've been a subscriber since day 1. Still on month-to-month, but DK's smugness is really wearing on me.There are good blogs out there that do good work that can easily serve a substitute for most of what he puts out there.

But honestly, props to him for being a good businessman. We'll see how it goes from here.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

[ Contact Forum Admin ]

Forum timezone: GMT-8
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.