VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 10:13:10 06/17/17 Sat
Author: Comicality
Subject: Problems :(

So...last night, Windows 10 'decided' to force an update on my laptop that I didn't ask for, and now it's stuck. :(

I tried for HOURS to fix it, but it won't work. I turn it on, and immediately it goes to "Working on updates. Don't turn your computer off", and then it gets to like 85%...and it freezes. I can't get into my laptop now. I can't go to safe mode, I can't get to my start menu, I can't do a restore, I can't do ANYTHING! The SECOND I press the power button it starts loading an update that I don't want, and it doesn't work, and it freezes right in the middle of it.

It took me two hours just to get THIS laptop to work, and it's because of the same shitty update! (Which I 'eventually' got to work after about fifteen tries) So...thoughts? Can anybody help me out here? I've got soooooooooooo much work to do, and I've wasted so much fucking time doing NOTHING because of this.

And no, holding down F8 will not get me into safe mode when I try to start it up. Windows 10 had the brilliant idea to not make that possible. Thanks, techies.

If any of you guys have any ideas how to fix this, I'm all ears. Everything I've looked up so far is like "Just go into safe mode" or "On your desktop, go to the start menu" or "download this program to check this or that"....no. They're not LISTENING to me! I turn it on, and it freezes. I can't do ANYTHING! I'm helpless! No desktop, no safe mode, no programs, no menus, I can't get past the mandatory update...and the mandatory update freezes. So...

What do I do here?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2016 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.