VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:23:23 10/03/17 Tue
Author: Mike84
Subject: I agree...
In reply to: Dom 's message, "someone asked me on twitter if I thought this will finally bring about a change." on 13:02:31 10/03/17 Tue

I think gun culture is just too pervasive in the US. If Sandy Hook didn't get the ball rolling, nothing will.
That said, I've heard figures like 80% of the US supporting more gun sense laws. Even the majority of Republicans, even most members of the NRA support gun regulation. Its leaders don't, and they're the ones donating MILLIONS to the Republican politicians. So the way things are I don't expect things to change.
People like to compare gun homicide in the US, to terrorism in Europe. But it's nowhere near the same scale. Nor is it something that European leaders actively sponsor, like US politicians do gun ownership, and minimal gun laws.
Plus the death tolls are radically different. 11,000 US citizens are killed every year by gunshot wound.
Less than 800 people in the whole of Europe have been killed by terrorists since the year 2000.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.