VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 19:33:30 10/03/17 Tue
Author: Comicality
Subject: Honestly, there's no 'gun culture' here...
In reply to: Mike84 's message, "I agree..." on 13:23:23 10/03/17 Tue

I've known four people in my entire life that have ever owned a gun. EVER! And one of them was training to be a police officer, and another one was training for a spot in the FBI.

Now I lived in Chicago, so there's no hunting or anything going on. But, come on. The violence in Chicago is INSANE! And yet, there's no gun culture in Chicago. People have guns, but not because of some Constitutional right to own one. If anything, they're illegal and are used for gang violence.

My whole experience with gun culture has come from nutty religious fanatics, small militias in Idaho and Washington State, and Texas. You'll find more proud gun nuts in an ass backwards cult in Waco Texas than you will in Brooklyn or Los Angeles.

PLEASE...to all the folks overseas...don't think of America as a bunch of tobacco chewing idiots who are all in favor of gun violence. We're not. The lack of responsibility in these matters has been bought and PAID for by the people who profit off of murder. War is paid for by people who sell the weapons. Pollution is paid for by the corporations who spill it into the oceans and shoot it into the air. It's time we fixed this without going to the people who profit from our misery. That's the only way for it to get better.

Because they're not listening. They don't have the capacity to care.

Please don't let them represent us in the world's eye. We're ready to stand up and speak for ourselves.

Who else is going to do it?

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.