VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:27:49 10/06/17 Fri
Author: Cirrus
Subject: "Pacific Rim" felt like it should have been a mini-series
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "YIKES! Alright, you've got my attention..." on 14:00:14 10/06/17 Fri

It was sort of "the kaiju came, and we were losing, then we built the jagers, and we were winning, then things went wrong, and we were losing again" and the movie came in right at the end of the war, when there were only a few jagers left. I wanted to see the whole rise-and-fall of the jagers, not just the bit at the end. They killed half of all these super-famous jagers in the very first of the movie! And the film never really explained how or why the tide turned against the jager programme.

Since the new film looks like a sequel, all that back story might remain unexplained.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Well considering that I saw the first when I was 15 or 16, I kinda found it cool, mindless violence and cool robots sells pretty great when you're a kid (NT) -- MasterM, 20:46:37 10/06/17 Fri

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.