VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:44:06 10/10/17 Tue
Author: Comicality
Subject: Very true...
In reply to: Mike84 's message, "This comes on the same day as World Mental Health Day..." on 12:14:34 10/10/17 Tue

Sometimes I really worry. To the point of being brittle and depressed myself, because I really do try to reach out and help when I can. But getting people to talk is soooo hard. And they're so depressed. Some of the stuff that people tell me is heartbreaking. And I understand, because I've been there myself. A few times, to be honest. But I don't know what to do. Being sad or lonely is ok. It happens. We're all human. If people need an ear, I can listen.

But STAYING miserable? I mean, why? Why choose to punish yourself? Why lash out and hurt the people trying to help you? Why hurt yourself, or isolate yourself, or reject my feelings for you, or not ask for help? Trust me, I've been about as low as a human being can get at times...but I don't WANT to be there. Sometimes I need help. Sometimes I need to vent and look for folks to bring me out of it.

It's just a weird position to be in, I guess. I remember every suicidal thought I've ever had. Vividly. It's a very dark road to go down. But there are people to talk to now. People who care. I just wish people didn't get so 'comfortable' with the pain, because that's not acceptable. I spent my entire childhood doing that...it doesn't work. There are answers out there. Not EASY answers, but answers. It's just hard to get folks to talk sometimes. :(

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.