VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 13:54:49 10/10/17 Tue
Author: Comicality
Subject: I never really understood the age thing...
In reply to: Cirrus 's message, "One of my favourite books is being turned into a movie and I have mixed feelings" on 00:47:33 10/10/17 Tue

Heh...I know, I know...'Comsie is biased because...cute boys'! But honestly, that's not why. I was writing a GFD spinoff about two vampires having a sun quest, and they both had a discussion about when society started pushing the age of adulthood further and further back. And even now, it's STILL being pushed back. Why?

Huckleberry Finn was about 12 or 13. Lord Of The Flies? All 12 to 16. Jungle Book? Mowgli came of age at 12. Bar Mitzvah's happen at 13. Romeo and Juliet were both around 14 in that story. King Tut was 12, wasn't he? Hell, Jesus Christ started a whole ministry by the time he was 12 in the Bible. It's the age of discovery and the transition into adulthood. What's the big secret? What are we hiding?

I don't know why movies wouldn't reflect the actual story. Ender's Game used real teenagers just fine. Stranger Things did great. I mean, cute boys in movies are awesome! But more importantly, why be so scared of sticking to the source material? That's just silly.

People do things before their 18th birthday, you know? At least...I HOPE they do.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.