VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:06:35 02/08/18 Thu
Author: Mike84
Subject: I think you were supposed to strip the emotional stuff from it.
In reply to: TurtleBoy 's message, "Interesting. So does that mean you had to strongly agree with everything?" on 10:37:25 02/08/18 Thu

I mean if I detach my emotions from my kinship, I have to recognise that, simply on "moral" terms, no one human is inherently more valuable than another.

That's why I don't support the monarchy system, or religious authorities who claim to have special authority over others.

I'm not talking about normal authority figures and political leaders, they're usually elected and can be held accountable. But figureheads like the Queen and those who support her, buy into this idea that the Queen and her bloodline are born with a special right (usually divine) to rule / govern over a nation and its "subjects". Not because they have the qualifications, or the support of the electorate, but because they happen to have been born into the right family, in the right order.

But yeah, morally speaking I don't value any one life over another, but emotionally and personally speaking, of course I love my family and friends first and foremost because of the relationship I happen to share with them. And I'd be going by that if I was ever put in a position where I had to choose between their lives and that of a stranger.

But if I were born to a family on the other side of the world, say, Malaysia then it would be some other family I have that connection with. Does that make my real mother any less important on moral terms? I don't think so. But on emotional and personal terms, absolutely. I wouldn't know her at all.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.