VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 14:31:26 02/08/18 Thu
Author: TurtleBoy
Subject: These questions are too cut throat, I think.
In reply to: Mike84 's message, "I agree... But it's all philosophical really." on 13:52:55 02/08/18 Thu

If we were to stop thinking in terms of lives being in the balance - what about, if someone drops their wallet and you see it fall out, what do you do? Keep the wallet or grab it and give it back to them?

Do you first judge to see if the person looks well of enough to be able to move on without it? Or do you jump into action and respond immediately?

I've had this happen to me a lot. I work at a market currently located inside a mall on Thursdays (right now every second Thursday, so I'm home bored), and people drop their phones, wallets, and credit cards all the time. I've always called them back for it immediately, but then I wonder if they were rich and what I would have done with the money had I kept it.

There's also the scenario where you just come across a wallet on the street and no one's around. Do you keep it, or do you call up the owner right away and return it with everything intact? While both situations are basically the same thing, this second one is guaranteed that you'll get away with it and you don't have that immediate gut reaction to call out for the person to stop.

For myself, it's always at least a bit tempting to keep the money, but it's the guilt and worry that the person's going to be screwed without that makes you seek out the owner without taking anything out. If there's no ID or anything, though, I suppose that's fair game. :P I know some people say they don't even think about it and just drop the wallet off at a bank's wallet-drop, but even honest minds wander while they're doing the right thing. It's like finding buried treasure (on a much blander scale).

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.