VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 02:20:43 02/10/18 Sat
Author: Mike84
Subject: Lmao! 'nostalgic about 9/11?' I literally laughed out loud. You're so naughty, Com! :P
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "::Giggles:: You know...." on 21:21:54 02/09/18 Fri

I know what you mean though, I'm not really sure what people will be nostalgic about the 2000s for. That's the decade that social media blossomed. It was born in the 90s, but didn't really have a presence until Myspace and Facebook. And YouTube the video sharing platform. Mobile technology took off too. Internet adoption sky rocketed. Bush and Obama in the Oval office. The wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

You guys had Katrina, and much of Asia had the giant Tsunami.

Lots of good movies came out. The Harry Potter series, Jeepers Creepers, Lord Of The Rings (popular, but I didn't like it), Ice Age animated movies, Avatar, Wall-E, Finding Nemo, and my personal Fave, Billy Elliot.

I can't say much about the music, all I listened to was new metal and punk rock during the noughties, as well as classic rock from earlier decades.

One of my early crushes, Jonathan Brandis passed in 2003, and Brad Renfro passed in 2008

We lost John Hughes, Farrah Fawcett, Brittany Murphy Patrick Swayze & Michael Jackson, all in 2009.

Honourable mention goes to Corey Haim who passed away in 2010.

Wow, I think we've figured out what the 2000s were famous for... celebrity deaths, natural disasters, terrorist attacks, and W. Bush. Yikes!

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.