-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678910 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:02:24 02/28/18 Wed
Author: Comicality
Subject: Well, it's simple. Let me give you an example...
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "LOL! Oh...so that's how we begin to solve this! XD" on 03:16:08 02/28/18 Wed

...You want to know what will make you infinitely happy? Cool and hip and strong and the envy of everyone around you? Buying Comicality ebooks! If you guys buy my ebooks, it will solve ALL of your problems! You'll sleep good at night, knowing you have Comsie ebooks to read any time you want them. You'll feel safe, and loved, and tough, and nobody will ever take your peace of mind away from you ever again.

Do you believe me? :)

I mean, completely IGNORE the fact that I will personally profit off of every single man, woman, and child, who believes that and buys my books whether everything I just told you was bullshit or not. The facts may show that NONE of that is true. In fact, it might even have the OPPOSITE effect on a person. But if I can get enough people to believe it long enough to make the sale...I get rich, and who cares what happens to the people I swindled. Not my problem. They already bought my book. I'm done caring about them.

I spent my whole life in one of the most violent cities in America. I've never once needed a gun. Never wanted one. I slept like a baby at night. Drugs, and organized crime, and gang violence, and crooked murderous cops...I still felt safe. I didn't worry about taking the subway home at 2 AM or going to school. The ONLY time I ever felt unsafe was on 9/11, and that's because the evacuated downtown Chicago and I was literally working within walking distance of the Sears Tower at the time, which was an obvious target. And a gun wouldn't have helped me there. So...I don't understand the fantasy behind the 'good guy with a gun' idea. Soldiers in Iraq have guns. They die all the time. Do THEY feel any safer?

There you go. Gun regulation, in a nutshell.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.