VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 20:21:01 02/28/18 Wed
Author: Shadow086
Subject: Here's the thing...
In reply to: Comicality 's message, "Hehehe, who? Me? Us? We? Yeah, well...what about the bad episodes of Degrassi High on Canadian television! >:O" on 18:19:15 02/28/18 Wed

This is obvious in hindsight, but there may have been a bit of misplaced trust in our politicians to not be totally corrupt.

This didn't happen overnight. This is the result of a decades-long con job. They hijacked the government step by step, little by little. A bit of lobbying here, some campaign contributions there, and it doesn't take long before corporate America has complete control over policy. And the people didn't wake up until it was too late, because all the major news outlets are in on it, and fought hard to keep the people complacent and in the dark. And it worked, until they got too arrogant and stopped bothering to cover it up, so now everyone knows what's happening.

I don't know where you're going with the Degrassi thing. TV stations put out bad shows all the time (just look at CBC's lineup), but it's not like the company that makes Degrassi can suddenly go around and influence how Canadian schools are run.

All these dictators? It all started the same way, with a series of little things that don't make a difference on their own, but that are terribly damaging when you put it all together. And there are parallels with what's going on in America right now, that's what's scary. You always hear the same thing every time: "Don't worry, there's no way this can happen here." Well guess what? It IS happening, and luckily it's not too late to stop it.

You have to fight tooth and nail to get your country back. The rich bastards only need to bribe a few hundred people in Congress, and because they own the media, they get to put out propaganda that makes it look like a majority of people agree with them. I think that's where "Stupid Americans" comes from.

The real thing to worry about is how polarised America has become over the last 20 years. Maybe it's easier to see from the outside, when you're not living through it, but the way people blindly vote for either party regardless of the candidate's positions and records on issues is very dangerous. This happens everywhere, even here, but either it's worse in America, or we notice it more because of the amount of coverage American politics gets.

tl;dr: I was using the word 'you' in a general sense, not referring to Americans specifically. And I'm not blaming the victims. In fact, I'm happy that they're proving to me what I thought all along: that Americans are good people who were misinformed.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.