VoyForums
GIVE FREE FOOD
www.TheHungerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Fund Free Mammograms with a Click
www.TheBreastCancerSite.com
-> Click Here <-
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 12345678 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 11:41:18 03/19/18 Mon
Author: Comicality
Subject: ~~~ Monday Movie Matinee ~~~

Hehehe! You know, I've been so wrapped up in "Gotham" over the past few years, I had forgotten how TINY David Mazouz was on this show! LOL!

"Touch" The Series

What do I say about "Touch"? On one hand, there are so many little plot points, twists, and secrets, that it's hard to mention anything without giving away spoilers. On the other hand, the theme of the show is so big that it's hard to say enough about it once I get started. Hehehe, so I'll try to keep things short and sweet.

Shortly after one of my favorite TV shows of all time had it's last season ("24"), I was interested to see what Kiefer Sutherland's newest TV show was going to be like, and I was pleasantly surprised. He plays a single father of a young boy with Autism, and grieving after his wife died in the 9/11 attacks on New York. David Mazouz plays his son, and does an absolutely amazing job, especially considering that he doesn't speak a single word at all (With the exception of some narration, which is for us as the audience, and not the other characters in the show).

What happens is...the son's autism may be linked to the fact that his mind has actually tapped into the infinite patterns of creation itself. The entire universe. How do you put something like that into words? How do you find a way relate to other people? And once his father discovers this with the help of a mentor who has seen this sort of behavior before, the entire series becomes a series of riddles and mysteries where both father and son are trying to find a way to communicate with one another, and prevent a number of huge catastrophes, thereby making the world a better place overall.

This series was put together by the creator of the show "Heroes", and what really stands out is the way that the writing and the seemingly detached events are all connected somehow. Even in different parts of the world. You ACTUALLY begin to see the pattern, but not until the end of every episode. I have to admit that 80% o the first season's episodes had me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside, and some even had me kinda choked up! Seriously, it's something that I think everyone should give a shot! It's a fascinating idea, and a good time trying to figure out the puzzles and connectivity of events from episode to episode.

Unfortunately, this only lasted 2 seasons before it was cancelled. Season 1 is EXCELLENT! And Season 2 tried to expand on the idea a bit, but even though there were a lot of cool moments and ideas in that second season...it just didn't have the magic of the first. And it was left open ended, which always sucks. :P

But season one can stand on its own, and it'll make you think, make you feel, and give you a different perspective on how life works in general. Check it out! And enjoy! :)

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.