VoyForums

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 18:23:30 03/24/18 Sat
Author: PeteIM
Subject: Tj, you made a lot of claims, but you didn't add any evidence to prove your points...
In reply to: Tj 's message, "The problem ain't guns. It's our society and culture" on 13:58:26 03/24/18 Sat

I don't want to take your gun away, but I'd REALLY like to know that you don't have a screw loose before you're allowed to get one, and having to wait three days to pick it up might be "inconvenient", but giving someone some time to rethink why he/she wants to buy the gun could easily save a life, so gun control isn't all that bad. It's more difficult to get a driver's license than a gun in many states, yet both a car and a gun are potentially deadly weapons, but with one major difference: if a car is used as designed, no one gets hurt; a gun, on the other hand, is created to kill another living, breathing being.

From what I remember hearing first on the news about a shooter is that he was a Good Christian, or from a Good Family, or from a Good Home. Should we be on the lookout for Good Christians? Good Families? Good Homes?

As for guns being a problem, if we didn't have guns, no one would die from gunshot wounds. (o:

In 36 states, there are no legal requirements for gun registration, no permit needed and no license necessary to purchase and own a firearm such as a rifle, shotgun, or handgun. Due to the lack of these regulations, as well as the ease with which many Americans can purchase guns online or at gun shows, most guns in the United States are not registered.

The following two articles are from May of 2016, so they might not be current, but with the NRA stopping changes in gun laws, even sensible ones like gun registration, these are probably not out of date.

How easy is it to buy a gun?
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-easiest-states-to-buy-a-gun_us_5735cfa8e4b08f96c182dc38

Here's a list of the easiest states to buy weapons:
https://247wallst.com/special-report/2016/05/13/easiest-states-to-buy-a-gun/2/

You state: "There are more people killed by stabbing in most U.S. cities in six months every year than there are in every single country in Europe COMBINED in every year you want to track the figures!!" I can't find anything to corroborate your claim. Can you post a link?

You also state that loners are a problem, but you don't offer any statistics or references. If I can't find it online, I can't check the facts to see if it's true or not. Who said it? Where can I find it online? Where did you get your information? Just stating something doesn't make it true.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
* HTML allowed in marked fields.
* Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
Before posting please read our privacy policy.
VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.