VoyForums
1 CLICK GIVES FREE FOOD!
www.TheHungerSite.com
Protect Habitat with a Click!
www.TheRainforestSite.com
Non-profit ad served by VoyForums...

VoyUser Login optional ] [ Main index ] [ Post a new message ] [ Search | Check update time | Archives: 123456789 ]

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Date Posted: 16:47:31 03/25/18 Sun
Author: William Drake
Subject: My opinion
In reply to: William Drake 's message, "Sexuality verses Perversion?" on 14:28:29 03/25/18 Sun

At it's current understanding by society, minor-attracted persons are treated as a mental disorder. Just like any other deviation in sexuality, it's lumped into paraphilia, which covers a wide array of sexual attractions that just aren't understood.

I don't think it's its own sexuality. It's more like an extreme sexual preference, similar to how some gay or straight people are only attracted to blond people or fat people or thin people. The problem is minor-attracted persons have the misfortune of being attracted to people who are the most vulnerable and protected of our species, therefore making the attraction a completely hideous mess no matter which way you approach it.

While I don't want to look at my own attraction as a mental disorder (as most people wouldn't), I can see the connection and don't think it was something we were born with. Not truly. What I believe is something happened at some point during development, either positive or negative, that caused the brain to latch on to a specific age group. Comparatively, an elderly male in his mid-seventies still finds women in their late teens and early twenties sexually arousing. While this is looked upon as slightly creepy it's still human nature. That person has their sexual preference. Likewise, those who are attracted to minors merely wound up with a different preference that's frowned upon by society.

It didn't have to be a traumatic experience, like being molested as a child, though there has been a link drawn that victims have a greater chance of developing an attraction to minors, either out of anger or otherwise. It could also stem from a first sexual encounter or first crush where the psyche latched onto that experience and built around it over the years, freezing your sexual development to a certain ideal candidate.

No matter how I try to interpret the attraction, I always come out insulting myself. I don't like the fact that I have this attraction, but I have come to terms that not even science can change it. It's a fairly lonely existence. That's why I'm writing a story about a minor and a man. I've seen and heard of the reactions of these kinds of stories, but I'm still going to start sharing it in the library here. I hope you guys will read it and not merely attack me out of discomfort on the subject. It's a form of therapy, so if it makes you uncomfortable, just don't open it or respond. I'll be open to critique, but only fair critique.

Lol sorry this wasn't supposed to be a promo thread; I just rolled with what came to mind. I've been trying to deal with things with this story I'm writing, so I've been thinking a lot on this subject, more than usual, and I wanted to get see what others thought because there seems to be a lot of differing opinions.

[ Next Thread | Previous Thread | Next Message | Previous Message ]

Replies:

• Well, my thoughts... -- Comicality, 01:23:54 03/27/18 Tue

VoyUser Login ] Not required to post.
    Post a public reply to this message | Go post a new public message
    Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.
    * HTML allowed in marked fields.
    * Message subject (required):

Name (required):

Expression (Optional mood/title along with your name) Examples: (happy, sad, The Joyful, etc.) help)

E-mail address (optional):

* Type your message here:

Note: This forum is moderated -- new posts are not visible until approved.

Notice: Copies of your message may remain on this and other systems on internet. Please be respectful.

Forum timezone: GMT-5
    VF Version: 3.00b, ConfDB:
    Before posting please read our privacy policy.
    VoyForums(tm) is a Free Service from Voyager Info-Systems.
    Copyright © 1998-2017 Voyager Info-Systems. All Rights Reserved.